Friday, April 16, 2010

I've waited Three Years to be This Old

I turned 21 today, (or rather yesterday)

I would just like to take this moment to stop and appreciate how far I have come. Particularly in the last three years.
I have grown into the young woman that I am today, I have learned how to provide for myself and appreciate all the things God gave me on this earth. I've begun to get back in touch with the meaning and purpose of things. To realize the things I should pursue to gain genuine joy rather than superficial happiness. I have loved and lost, and loved and been blesses with a wonderful man who is my husband-to-be.

I had a lovely mild evening out with really good friends. We had a few drinks and a lot of laughs.

Life is going to get crazy as I finish up school, work a summer on the island, plan a wedding and pack up my childhood to embark on my adult life adventure.

I love my life. I have been incredibly blessed in many ways. And tonight, I am pausing to appreciate it all. :)

No comments: