Thursday, November 8, 2007

i wish my life was movie

so..it's been a week since my parents put my cat down. I still miss him, he was pretty much the best cat in the world :)
i mostly miss him curling up with me, which he always insisted on, even if i had other things on my lap.
and i miss having a cat around, i still have my dog...but it's just not the same...
life however does go on...someday when I've got my own place i'll get another cat...











____________________________________________

life is just kind of life right now...nothing to terribly exciting has happened...

had a few interesting convos...hopefully made a new friend :)

got my room clean and better organized today, and watched a few hours of "The Civil War" by Ken Burns...it's pretty good, still not sure how much i'm actually learning...but it's good....

hmm...trying to decide what to do about a job. I could apply for a seasonal position, but then i'd probably have to quit Full City, then at the end of the season..i'm left without a job... :/ ...so i'm not sure if it's worth it... in any case i think i'll go job searching tomorrow anyways....just to see what's out there. It does though, seem like i've finally gotten on Keiths good side...which is nice :)

i got a side job designing a logo for a band. I think i'll come out of that with about $80 or so...not bad for my first paid design job...

i'm really pleased with most of the art that i've been turning out lately...even when i have to work at them, or don't particularly want to do them, i'm finding that i can still create when i feel uninspired. Which for the work that i'm going into is important...however...the things that do come from inspiration, i think are much more meaningful...

so, i got to thinking after i talked to a friend of mine the other night,

about why i do and have done some of the things i've done in the last...oh...5-6months or so... since i left for the summer.

When i was younger i would not have dreamed of doing any of that stuff...

wouldn't have thought of talking about some of the things i've talked about...and said some of the things i've said...

why the hell am i doing them now?

maybe it's just a part of "growing-up"

all that i've concluded so far, is that i'm really just testing myself, and few other people...just to see what i'll actually do...

we never know what we're going to do until we actually do it...we can SAY we're going to do something, or THINK that's how we'd do something, or react...but sometimes when it actually happens...we don't do that at all...

i dunno...just thinking.....

on a totally different and mostly A.D.D. note...

i'm really stoked that my computer is now personified by a little black cat icon named Owen....

i really like that name..."Owen" ...heh....

anyways...i think i'm done for now...like i said...nothing to terribly exciting this week...oh weeeell....i don't mind too much.

No comments: