Sunday, November 25, 2007

it's getting colder out there...

so much is going on it seems...but then..at the same time...NOTHING is happening...it's a strange feeling...these last few days

hmm...where to start,

how about thanksgiving...

it was really good, but crazy.

I went to my grandparents house over near detroit,
there were LOTS of people there,

my grandparents, my great-grandmother, me, my parents and two little brothers. then my sister, her husband and 15ish month old son came, and THEN...my mom's brother and his wife and 9 children all under the age of 16 were there as well.

me and my 'rents and brothers had to sleep in a hotel. but all in all it was good to see everyone.

my great-grandmother told us some of the family history on her side, which was fantastic! i hadn't heard much of any of the stories from that side of the family...as it turns out, my family is connected to the Astors. John Jacob Astor's Widow (after he died on the titanic) married my great-grandmother's uncle, whome she was originally supposed to marry before Astor.
that part of the family is of german descent, both my great-grandmother and great-grandfather... So that makes my grandfather german...then my grandmother, her family came from Russia and they're jewish...i saw a lot of old photo's actually. i'm DYING to get my hands on them to scan and retouch them!!! hopefully at christmas-time ^_^

anyhoo, as i get older i'm discovering that on my mom's side there were a bunch of blue-bloods...none of that money ever made it to us though :(

same sort of thing on my dad's side...my family used to be very wealthy...originally descended from french noble blood, traced back to about 200 years ago...the stories on his side are CRAZY! but really cool!

i really enjoy learning what my family's stories are...


Saturday night i was able to get together with some of the mackinac girls. i've been missing island life a lot lately...but that made it even more so...i did send in my re-application form on monday.

i'm constantly thinking about the island...about what i'd like to do differently next year, what things i'd like to bring that i didn't have...different things to talk about at work...etc...

i truly miss that sense of community you get living in The Mission House...i miss connecting with people...which i really haven't been able to do since i've been home...i hate it...

looking back on pictures and journal entries...i was truly content and happy while i was there...i really was...

nearly all my life i've had this nagging restlessness that has just always been there...this constant lonliness...

and i know everyone feel's those things at some point...but it's just always been a constant thing for as long as i can remember.

but then...when i was on the island...it wasn't there...i was happy to just be

so, living without it, and then coming home and returning to it..has just made it all the worse...

i'd love to visit some people these next few months :)

oy..i'm getting dramatic now...

moving on...to a lighter note

i got a job interview with the Air Zoo for this friday!!!!! REALLY hope i get the job...i don't really care what it is at this point...if i get that job, then i'm SO quiting Full City!!!!!

only...3ish weeks until schools out!!! i can't believe all this time has passed already! i've got quite a few projects to work on, so i'll be busy up until the end...

pretty excited for the holidays this year! i don't know why...i just am...

i love everything about them...haha i'm sure i'll write some dramatic, eloquent something or another about them soon...so i won't bother now :P

that's most of the going-ons now...i'm sure there will be lots to report on this month...just one of those feelings ^_^

No comments: