Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Break! :D

ok..so...tuesday morning i took my last exam, passed it :D and was done at like...10am...

now what?

well..me and jordan went to BK for breakfast...that was a roaring good time! I really wish we would have had a video camera recording that little trip...it was SO Funny!...and frightening at times...o_o...jordan was driving.....she thought she'd try and race past a guy up westnedge hill to get around him...but she was in the turn lane..and well...we didn't make it... o_o...i covered my eyes...haha...
so..we finally make it to BK...and they have these AMAZING little bitsize hashbrown things...O_O SO GOOD!...i'd never had them before...and i also got some french toast sticks...and hot chocolate...
now...i don't usually like BK...but their breakfast...kicks butt...

then..i really don't remember what i did...i may have gone to wal-mart at somepoint...yes...later that night...i went to wal-mart and the library...

oh! and i watched Anna & The King...it's really good! i ADORE that story...it's not quite the same as the King and I...and bit more dramatic and intense...but still very good!!!

and then! ha...i got my camera out...

now...i was gonna just upload all of these...but for whatever reason the blogger uploader HATES my computer....and never loads them...SO...i used Picasa instead :D



Three Days Of Nothing


i did finally finish all those freaking ruffles on my dress!!! only because my grandmother was over the week before and she helped me hem all of them...which is really what was holding me back... o_o
so...about 9 yards worth of fabric was turned into all of those freaking ruffles...i may have to re-do one of them..it wasn't quite long enough so it's not very ruffly....

and now, it's christmas eve! and I'm making the dinner tonight!!!! O_O
it's gonna be good though...different,

we're having my pork chops, rice and cuban-style black beans...and broccolli...
traditionally we have a 'cuban' dinner on christmas eve...then..an.."american?' dinner on christmas day...

and usually my mom makes Cuban Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes and Cooked Carrots....eck...i'm not a fan of the side dishes...and the pot roast is really good some years, and just ok others...so we're trying something new this year :D

we have also finally figured out how to make our gingerbread cookies light and fluffy like the ones you get in Colonial Williamsburg....

but i think by far my favorite part of christmas is ButterHorns... oh man....we have them for breakfast every christmas morning...and that's the only time of year that we have them...they are to DIE FOR! seriously....i look forward to butterhorns every year...they are SO good...amazing..

and then...this year i was playing around with a sugar cookie recipe and managed to imitate that butterhorn taste but in a cookie...those are REALLY good...but they're all gone now :(

my grandparents are here, and my sister and her husband and my nephew are coming in a little bit and we'll do christmas with them, and then dinner...i think we're watching "It's A Wonderful Life" tonight...then to sleep and then...Christmas morning!!!!! O_O i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND! to top it all off, there is SNOW! YAY! i LOVE SNOW! haha i prayed for snow :D and God gave me some yesterday...i just hope it lasts through tomorrow...

last year was a rather green christmas...which is kind of depressing...

anyhoo...i'm off, one more present to wrap...dinner to cook and family to hang with :)

No comments: