Saturday, January 5, 2008

I have not lost my mind....it's backed up on a disk somewhere

as my life progresses...18 years, 9 months 10 days and 9 hours later...

i've arrived at the conclusion that

a. i suck at math...it took me 'bout 5 minutes to figure out all the extra time...i actually got up and counted the days backward on the calendar o_o

haha

b. i may or may not be just a bit eccentric...or well on my way there

I strike myself as the type who may be that crazy cat lady, with the big old house, that all the kids in the neighborhood make up stories about her being a witch and eating children...

and that...makes me giggle just a bit....well...the part about the stories...

....

i was going somewhere with this....

...

hmm...well anyhoo

i love my job...well, ok i don't LOVE it, but i like it a lot.

this morning...i sat and did NOTHING for two hours...and got paid :D score.

then...haha..this afternoon, a kid asked me what the ride did...

it's a motion simulator that "takes you to mars" and then back to earth...it's like 5min...but it moves around and all that jazz.

anyways...somedays when it's slow, or i'm particularly bored, i tell the kids that sometimes the ride leaves people on mars. that 6 people get in, and only 5 will come out...

for the most part, kids never believe me...maybe for like..a minute...but then they're like...PSH! whatever!

today however...this kid...

he was probably 9 or 10ish...i'd say he's "Yeih High" but you can't see my hand...

anyhoo...he comes and asks me what the ride does...

so i say..."it goes to mars...and sometimes back"

he goes "sometimes back to mars?"

"no, sometimes back to earth."

"what do you mean?"

"sometimes it leaves people on mars"

"really?! what? no it doesn't!"

"yes it does, i've seen six people get in, and only 5 come out."

"nuh uh!"

"it's true, it doesn't usually happen until it's towards the end of the day"

(it was roughly 3:40pm. we close at 5pm)

"Is it the end of the day?"

"it's getting there"

"i don't think it's true."

"i'm just sayin..."

"ok...i'm starting to get a little scared"

(at this point his friend of aproximately the same height joins him"

the kid to his friend: "She says that people don't always come back"

his friend: "i wanna be an astronaut!"

the kid: "are you gonna go with me?"

his friend: "yeah!"

the kid to me: "are you sure about this?"

me: "well since there's two of you, ya'll got a 50-50 chance, one of you is coming back for sure."

(at this point the ride ends, and i let the people out...the kid counts all the people...everyone's present and accounted for. he and his friend go to get on the ride along with three other people...then the kids like...

"No...i don't wanna get on...."

me: "it's ok, you're not gonna get left on mars"

"i still don't wanna" ( to his friend) "go on without me!"

his friend looks at him, looks at me...i reassure them both that they'll be fine...but they decline and run off...that's the last i saw of them.

..........

i had to laugh a little....i mean...com'on, it was pretty obvious i was kidding...and the kid was pretty old...i would have understood if he was only like...5...hehehe...

whatever, long as i don't get in trouble for it. :-/

some of the guys at work discovered that i can draw...they flipped through my sketchbook, commenting....and decided that i was sexist because i drew a few guys with no shirts, but all the women had clothing...i said that all my people start out naked and then i add clothes...
then they got excited...haha...."draw us a naked woman!" i laughed at them...and told 'em they'd have to pay me. :P

i really don't mind my job though, it's worth the money..it's really easy...though i was thinking today

'bout the things i miss about my mackinac job...
i miss people asking me relevant questions
i miss getting my picture taken :P (even though i'm really not a camera whore...)
i miss being able to talk about the history and whatnot
i miss the demonstrations
i miss that piano in the hill quarters - and freaking people out when i'm in there...
i even miss the dirty old men hitting on me, and all the stupid questions, and the hot days in layers of clothing.

still...i can't complain.

hmmm...this is beginning to ramble...oh well...

school starts monday!!! O_O i'm pretty excited actually...being at home gets pretty old after a while.
haha...my new best friend from school, Jordan, tells me the other day, that she had a feeling that she'd meet a cool guy in her english class..... i said..."yeah i've got a feeling.......................................nope...just kidding...i don't."

hell if i know who i'll meet or not meet or like or not like etc etc etc

I'm coming to terms with the whole 'boy' thing. i really am. Boys are nice, and i certainly wouldn't mind having a good one. keyword...'good'....however in the meantime i don't wanna be the girl who just goes after "whatever-she-can-get"...lame.

right...so this whole thing started about realizations and revelations...

i'm pretentious....i am....i don't know why...i just have this dreadful sense of...'self'?
it's just that..there's a few people i know and a few places that i've been...that when in their company or at that place...i just think to myself...(not always conciously)..."i'm better than this..." oy...shoot me.

i'm actually a pretty kind and generally compassionate person...for the most part...

but then...i spose i can't be perfect?

------------

Creative Research is essentially an artists license to do whatever the hell they want.... and to act like they've lost their freaking mind.... etc etc etc

for real...i should do some sometime......

i think i've written enough for now...i think i'm over the creative block...haha...

now to tackle my closet...to clean and organize O_O if nobody hears from me in a few days...assume i've been eaten by whatever it is that's hiding in the waist-high pile of stuff in there.... o_o

No comments: